Sunday, July 8, 2007

Turkish Delights

I awoke this morning at 6:15am to watch the sun rise over Cherry Hill, NJ. Now I am sitting in the smokey airport dining mall in Istanbul. It's about 1:30pm local time. My computer still thinks its in the central time zone. It's 4:50am in Texas.

so the hightlights. this morning I made a delicious cup of bathroom coffee then I managed to manuever 125 lbs of gear through the hotel, the bus, off the bus and to JFK airport. No easy feat. Let's just say I am so so thankful for my personal trainer and workout crew (this a a shout out to Drea, Emily, Stephanie and Pam! Those bunny hops really helped!) and for my shoes. My mom made me buy Merrell hiking/running shoes for this trip. They remind me of a pillowtop bed. Soft and cushy but firm. I wanted to wear my Crocs (to easily slip on and off) but as always, mom was right. Thanks Mom!!!

On the flight over I was stuck in an middle seat (yuck) but I was between two great people. Liz (fellow PC volunteer) and Darius, an asipiring film maker and BMW salesperson from Maui. I did manage to sleep a bit and practice my Kyrgyz.

Now that I'm in Instanbul I haven't left all of America. There's a Burger King and Gloria Jean's Coffee. But I'm hoping to check out the coffee and dessert bar called Delights.

Next stop Kyrgyzstan!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Bunny Hops, way to go!! Are you in Kyrzg yet?

Emily said...

Bunny Hops ROCK!! We miss you Kelly!!